In this type of Depression patient deny accepting his / her past history. A journal of the American Medical Association depression chances in women 20-26%) are more as compare to men (08-12%). Although it’s not a vast majority but a significant amount of people do not take proper treatment for this mental disorder.
Well known symptoms of Major Depressive Disorder
Following are the most common signs of Major Depressive Disorder:
• Change in mood that is unusual sadness and feel emptiness.
• Reduce interest in many physical activities like, sports, friends, school and many others.
• Involuntary changes in weight.
• Increase or decrease your appetite level.
• Major shifts in sleep routine.
• A depressed person may be harsh on him or herself.
• May also express inappropriate guilt.
• The most sever condition of depression is suicidal thoughts.
• You feel restless most of the time.
• You have lack of energy and feel tired.
• Face difficulty while making decision and thinking.
Main Causes of Major Depressive Disorder
The exact causes of Major Depressive Disorder are not known but there are some factors which identify it. Genes and stress combination disturb your brain chemistry and reduce the ability of stability in your mood. These changes may occur due to:
• Take excessive amount of drugs or alcohol
• Due to some certain medical condition.
• Some specific types of medications like steroids.
• When you change your appetite level like overeat or under eat.
• Deregulate your sleep routine
• Balancing your circadian rhythms
Symptoms of Major Depressive Disorder in children and teens
Although Symptoms of Major Depressive Disorder are same in child and teens are similar. But there are smaller differences in between both of these. Differences are given below:
1. In younger child depression symptoms consist of worry, pains, headaches, and sadness, refusing to go to school, irritability, underweight, or clinginess.
2. In teens symptoms may consist of anger, poor performance in all activities, poor results in school, extremely sensitive, worthless and feel negative all the time.
Symptoms of Major Depressive Disorder in adults
Depressive Disorder is usually taken normal in adults which cause some dangerous results. Following are the symptoms of Depression in adults:
- Changes in personality or memory difficulties.
- Physical pain or aches.
- Loss of appetite.
- Feel fatigue all the time.
- Loss interest in sex.
- Try to avoid from gathering or social appearance.
- Suicidal thinking in older men.
What is the Major Depressive Disorder Treatments
Finally, Major Depressive Disorder treatment is done by multiple ways. These approaches consist of psychotherapy, Electroconvulsive treatment and some other somatic therapies. A medical psychiatrist specialist can provide both psychotherapy and antidepressants according to each person’s need. If you feel any of the following sign in yourself then you should seek assistance from a medical professional. This Depressive Disorder is decreasing with passage of time due to psychiatric diseases.
There is a lot of information available on Depression Symptom, Causes and how to treat it. Treatment from a [professional change your lifestyle and maintain you in daily routine like a normal person. Taking counseling with a medical specialist is the first step to living a happy and more fulfilling life.
How MDD can be treated by Psychotherapy
It’s a psychological therapy or counseling that is a most effective treatment of MDD. In this treatment patient meet therapist on regular basis and talk about his healthy condition and issues relevant to it. This therapy can help you in following ways:
- Adjust stressful events and crisis that you face in your life.
- Replace your negative thoughts with positive and healthy beliefs.
- Improve and enhance your communication.
- Find unique and better ways to solve the complex problems and challenges.
- Boost up your self esteem.
- Enhance the satisfaction and regain the control in your life.
Some other therapies like interpersonal therapy or cognitive behavioral therapy may also help you to control on depression. Another therapy called group therapy also helpful in which you share your feelings with people and feel more relaxed.